TCU’s Max Duggan goes back to back, earns week 13 A.O. Smith Hot Water Hot Performer
TCU quarterback Max Duggan led the fourth-ranked Horned Frogs to a convincing 62-14 win over visiting Iowa State to earn A.O. Smith Hot Water Hot Performer honors for week 13. It’s the second week in a row and third time this season Duggan was chosen as our top performer.
Duggan completed 17 of 24 passes (71%) for 212 yards and three touchdowns to cap off a perfect regular season for TCU (12-0). For the year, he completed 221 of 332 passes (67%) for 3,070 yards. He scored 34 TDs (29 passing, 5 rushing) and ran for 291 yards.
TCU finished the regular season as one of only three undefeated College Football Playoff teams. Next up for TCU the Big 12 Championship Game, where they’ll face Kansas State on December 3 in Arlington, Texas.
Our other Golden Arm Top 5 performances for week 13:
- Stetson Bennett IV, Georgia (10-18/140 yards/2 TDs)
- Hendon Hooker, Tennessee (DNP – injury)
- Bo Nix, Oregon (27-41/327 yards/2 TDs)
- J. Stroud, Ohio State (31-48/349 yards/2 TDs)
Past A.O. Smith Hot Water Hot Performers:
- Week 5 – Max Duggan, TCU
- Week 6 – C.J. Stroud, Ohio State
- Week 7 – Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
- Week 8 – Bo Nix, Oregon
- Week 9 – Bo Nix, Oregon
- Week 10 – Stetson Bennett IV, Georgia
- Week 11 – Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
- Week 12 – Max Duggan, TCU