Max Duggan of TCU earns week 12 A.O. Smith Hot Water Hot Performer
In a nail-biting Big 12 showdown in Waco, quarterback Max Duggan led visiting TCU to a last-second win over Baylor to earn his second A.O. Smith Hot Water Hot Performer honor.
After trailing much of the game, the fourth-ranked Horned Frogs got the ball at their own 31 with 1:34 left and behind by two points. Duggan drove TCU to the Baylor 23, where with 3 seconds on the clock, they kicked a field goal to win 29-28 as the clock expired. The win preserved the Frogs’ (11-0) perfect season.
On the day, Duggan completed 24 of 35 passes (69%) for 327 yards and a touchdown. He also gained 50 rushing, including a TD.
On the year, Duggan has completed 204 of 308 passes (66%) for 2,858 yards. He has 31 touchdowns (26 passing, 5 rushing), with 3 interceptions. He has 291 yards rushing.
TCU closes out the regular season November 26 at home against Iowa State.
Our other Golden Arm Top 5 performances for week 12:
- Stetson Bennett IV, Georgia (13-19/116 yards/0 TDs)
- Hendon Hooker, Tennessee (25-42/247 yards/3 TDs)
- Bo Nix, Oregon (25-37/287 yards/1 TD)
- J. Stroud, Ohio State (18-30/146 yards/1 TD)
Past A.O. Smith Hot Water Hot Performers:
- Week 5 – Max Duggan, TCU
- Week 6 – C.J. Stroud, Ohio State
- Week 7 – Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
- Week 8 – Bo Nix, Oregon
- Week 9 – Bo Nix, Oregon
- Week 10 – Stetson Bennett IV, Georgia
- Week 11 – Hendon Hooker, Tennessee